Remove this ad

noodlesmum

Best Veteran

Lead

Oct 9 13 2:02 AM

Tags : :

Noodle is an incredibly cuddly, happy gentle dog so when we went to a charity dog show earlier this year for PAT dogs it got me thinking. I've been testing her myself, shes sat on various small childrens knees, disabled people, elderly etc. Shes been really calm and cheered people up no end. So i took the plunge a few days ago and emailed the PAT people, then rung the local assessor, so next weds we go gor our assessment, curly too as although hes not super keen like noodle hes still very calm and well behaved. So hopefully one or both will pass, its a bit of a long process so if they do it'll be a few months before they get started. My only worry is the walking on a collar, they're walked on a harness which you can't do, they can both walk on their collar its just not something i do much, so we'll see i suppose. so if you can all wish noodle and curly good luck that would be great, thanks. 
last week we went to a game fair with a terrier show, was an interesting experience! Both dogs did really well, noodle got 1st for terrier bitch of any other breed(anything other than, border, jack russel, lakeland or fell.) They got joint 1st as a pair, noodle got 2nd for prettiest bitch, and curly 2nd for male lakeland terrier, was a working terrier show so really strange how they tipped them upside down and picked up by the tail and head, very odd! Not really my sort of thing, we met some lovely bedlingtons though which was nice.
 imageimage
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

noodlesmum

Best Veteran

#1 [url]

Nov 9 13 8:01 AM

PAT follow up

Well we survived the PAT temperament tests, took both dogs separately, both were extremely well behaved. Noodle was her usual wiggly bum on fire routine initially as she always is, she loves meeting people! But soon settled, neither reacted to loud noises, took a treat calmly, sat quietly, walked well on the lead, etc. Both got on really well with the ladies greyhound and I have to say I was really proud of them both, so I've sent off their application and just have to wait now, it can take up to 3 months!
So will let you all know as soon as I find out.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help